Home / NEWS / Suspect arrested in Blaze Bernstein’s homicide investigation

Suspect arrested in Blaze Bernstein’s homicide investigation

news image

LAKE FOREST, Calif. (KABC) —

A suspect has been arrested in the homicide case surrounding Blaze Bernstein, a 19-year-old college student whose body was found in an Orange County park this week.

Orange County sheriff’s officials took the suspect into custody on Friday. No further details were immediately released regarding the identity of the suspect.

Sheriff’s officials were expected to hold a press conference at 4 p.m. to discuss the case.

Bernstein’s body was found Tuesday in the brush along the perimeter of Lake Forest’s Borrego Park after he had been missing for a week. Investigators said they are treating his death as a homicide.

MORE: Search warrant provides new details into investigation of OC student’s death

The University of Pennsylvania student was last seen entering Borrego Park at about 11 p.m. on Jan. 2 by a friend who was with him at the time.

A search warrant, which has since been sealed, recently revealed details of the investigation.

An affidavit described detectives’ interview with that friend who drove Berstein to the park the last time he was seen alive.

The friend said he and Bernstein spoke on Snapchat that night of Jan. 2 and made plans for the friend to pick him up. The friend said he seemed depressed, but didn’t say he wanted to hurt himself.

They drove to the park. The friend said Bernstein then walked alone into the darkness.

Bernstein didn’t respond to messages, so the friend said he left and went to a girlfriend’s house, then returned to the park later.

Bernstein was reported missing the next day. His parents said he left the house with no wallet, money, identification, keys or eyeglasses.

DEVELOPING…We will add more details to this report as they become available.

(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Read More

About admin

Check Also

Journals Kept by 13 Children Allegedly Held Captive Will Be ‘Powerful Evidence’ Against Parents

The 13 children found malnourished and shackled in their Perris, California home were allegedly deprived of many things by their parents including regular meals, access to lavatories, and daily showers. But there’s one thing investigators have found they were given: journals to write their stories. In an interview with ABC News, Riverside County District Attorney Mike…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: